Men can be posers: We want respect, we want to be liked, we want other men to see us as strong and successful. Things get really weird when we feel insecure. We pretend, we cling to the things we feel confident in and hide the rest. We withdraw and hide or we try to overcompensate and it is in no way helpful.
Posing gets in the way of true relationship and connection. It gets in the way of growth. Ironically it holds us back from getting all the things we long for as men. When you try to hold yourself together, you alienate yourself from others.
Listen as we delve into:
- Middle school & high school memories that gave the glimpse of how we pose
- Neil Armstrong’s surprising struggle
- How the most respected people are usually the most authentic
- How having men in your life to be real and challenge you in all areas helps
- Truly resting in God’s love and grace – letting that fill us and guide us
- Looking outside yourself and serving others
- ThinkUp app usage